In Rome you have lots of historical buildings and of course the Pope lives here as well. So you have no excuses not to visit Rome.
Vatican City is a must visit! Even if you might not see the Pope it is still worth to visit. You get to see funny looking guards in very colorful dresses. You get to walk on top of the highest building there is in the Vatican and get a great view over Rome. When you are trying to get to the top of the building you have to have great physics because the stairs and the walls are leaning. You can see the picture in the gallery of how it is.
When you walk around the streets of Rome, you will see lots of smart cars. You know the car that is only for 2 persons. Maybe that is the optimal city car because you will be able to park it anywhere because it does not take up much space. You will also notice that there are statues everywhere. You cannot pass a street without seeing a statue. Maybe I should have called Rome- the city of statues, because it would really suit.
I spent only 2-3 days in Rome, but I got to see the most essential tourist attractions. They are: Colosseum, Vatican City, most of the fountains and mouth of truth statue and many more places. I really recommend you to visit Rome, if you have not already. There are so many things to see, especially historical places.
Travel advice: Buy a Roma Pass. It cost around 34 euros. It gives you access to the transport system and 2 museums for 3 days.The best is also that at the Coliseum a reserved turnstile is available for Roma Pass holders to get direct access to the monument.
In the kit:
- The Roma Pass card: the card used to visit museums / archaeological sites and on the public transport system as described above.
- Roma MAP: A map featuring all the Tourist Information Points, Metro stations, museums and other sites of interest (complete with addresses, tel. no’s opening times and nearest bus stops and metro stations);
- Roma Pass Guide: The guide to all participating museums and sites;
- Roma Passè: the card with the App activation code to download the best of the city;
- Roma Informa: the card that provides details of how to access information on events and other useful services via internet
For more information about the pass go to Roma Pass.
When I was in Rome I didn’t need to use the transportation system that much because it nice to just walk around. Even if Rome is a big city I walked from North part to South part without a problem. You get to see much more by walking then by using the metro system.
© Copyright 2014